Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2018

Links and Updates

I was out of commission for a while, and when I get back all sorts of exciting announcements have been made!
First of all, a brand new trailer for She-Ra, which has gotten some positive reviews already.
These Aquaman posters are gorgeous: so colourful and iridescent. I've enjoyed all the DC movies to one extent or the other (sue me!) but I'm glad they're leaning more into magical lightness with this instalment.

 Apparently there's going to be a Penny Dreadful sequel series, set in 1930s Los Angeles. I'm so torn. On the one hand, Penny Dreadful was one of my favourite shows for its characters and atmosphere, and yet for the life of him, John Logan could not stick the landing on any of his storylines. The finale in particular was a how-to guide of how not to wrap up your plot.
So I'll have to think about whether or not I want to go through all that again. Is the magnificent set-up worth the disappointing pay-off?
Our first look at Lois Lane on the CW! Here's how she'll appear in Supergirl season four (which I'm currently watching) and I'm happy she's being treated as a big drawcard in the show's promotion. Also, isn't Lex Luthor due to turn up this year?
(Not sure about the dress though. Part of me feels that our first look at her should be in the capacity of a reporter, not as Superman's love interest).
Disney announced its own streaming service a while ago, and now we're beginning to get some idea of what it will offer. Unfortunately this means the cancellation of Luke Cage and Iron Fist from Netflix (though surely they'll reunite for a joint-third season right? Right?? If not just for Misty and Colleen's sakes??) but there are other Marvel properties opening up: like limited series starring second-tier characters from the films – like Loki, Scarlet Witch (featuring Vision), and Sam/Bucky.
Those last two in particular are perfect for a frenemy road-trip of some kind.
And now, most excitingly... yet more Star Wars projects. Already you'll know about The Mandalorian (who will hopefully be played by Pedro Pascal – he'd be fantastic in that role) but it appears that another streaming series is also in development ... starring Diego Luna as Cassian Andor.
I'M SO EXCITED. Granted, this is going to be a prequel series to a prequel movie, in a chronological time-line that's becoming ever-more convoluted as the franchise continues to expand... but who cares. I loved this character, it no doubt also means the return of Alan Tudyk as Kaytoo, and the early years of the Rebel Alliance is among my favourite time periods of the saga. Bring it!
And finally, there's going to be a YA novel about Avatar Kyoshi (from Avatar: The Last Airbender) released. Considering the recently released The Legend of Korra comics very strongly hinted that she was bisexual, this should be very interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment