Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2016

2016 in a Single Cinematic Moment

I'm hoping to have my Rogue One review up by tomorrow, but before then I just wanted to remind myself of a post I made at the beginning of this year. Namely, that 2014 ended with this:

And 2015 ended with this:


And that if this pattern kept up, I might not survive the end of 2016. Whelp, here's the iconic image that closed off this year:
SPOILERS FOR ROGUE ONE

2016, everyone. That this would be the lasting and most moving image of our entertainment year is profoundly appropriate.

4 comments:

  1. I finally saw Rogue One a few hours ago. When I got home I saw the news. Utterly, utterly stunned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been weeping on and off all day. And the final scene of Rogue One? My God, it exists in a brand new context now.

      Delete
    2. I haven't cried yet. Come pretty close, though. Reckon I definitely will whenever I can finally face up to watching any of the films again.

      I saw the quote Daisy Ridley gave, and it's so simple but so lovely: "How lucky we all are to have known her, and how awful that we have to say goodbye."

      Delete
    3. I've also gone from looking forward to Episode 8 to slightly dreading it.

      Delete