Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Links and Updates

Why did I go to the library when I already have a TBR pile that’s taller than I am? WHY?


Well I did and here’s the result. A couple of weeks ago I provided a link to one of Leigh Bardugo’s short stories on Tor, so naturally her name leaped out at me when I was browsing the bookshelves. I told myself I wouldn’t read the first one unless the other two were available... and the universe was obliging.

I’ve also been hearing a lot of recent buzz about Danielle Jensen’s Stolen Songbird, and though Julie Berry’s The Amaranth Enchantment is a few years old by now, I’ve had that gorgeous cover art saved in my Pictures Folder for ages. The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney just looked cool.

This is on top of re-reading Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy in preparation for the Writer’s Festival, as well as Elizabeth Knox and Margaret Mahy. And The Chronicles of Narnia read-along. Argh!

So if things feel a little slow around here in the coming weeks, it’s because I’m devouring books. Hopefully I’ll be able to squeeze in a couple more Arrow reviews, as I’m nearly finished the first season, at which point I can get cracking on Penny Dreadful and Vikings (which I’ll probably review on a season-long basis instead of episode-by-episode).

Okay, I’m going in...

No comments:

Post a Comment